Essential Oils for Arthritis
Essential Oils for Arthritis, is there an answer for me?
Aromatherapy brings a spotlight to many incredible natural medicines to the general public, which is good news to those who are suffering from arthritis. Essential oils for arthritis might be an excellent idea for combating the painful effects of what arthritis brings.
The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) assessment of arthritis shows a massive number of 52.5 million adults in the United States affected by this painful ailment. Which is a crazy 22.7 percent of the population suffering from arthritis in the United States.
Such a common ailment! What even is arthritis, and what does it do?
Arthritis is an inflammation of the joints that can affect a single joint or multiple joints. There are hundreds of types of arthritis, but osteoarthritis (OA) and rheumatoid arthritis (RA) are among the most common.
Usually, arthritis will develop over time, but it can happen all of a sudden. Most commonly affecting those over the age of 65, it can occur in children, teens, and young adults. It is frequently showing up more in women rather than men and those who are overweight.
Joint pain, swelling, and stiffness are among the most prevalent symptoms. Inflammation can also occur in rheumatoid arthritis due to immune system activity, causing a loss of appetite and feelings of tiredness.
But how do Essential Oils help my arthritis?
Studies have shown that an ointment of essential oils helped combat the severity of arthritis and reduced inflammation caused by the immune system.
Essential oils for arthritis are a great solution to the problem of arthritis’s inflammation, and pain caused. Essential oils possess powerful natural abilities and provide fast relief from arthritis.
Top Three Essential Oils for Arthritis
- Frankincense is an excellent choice in dealing with arthritis due to its ability to inhibit the production of inflammatory molecules that contribute to arthritis. It also helps the breakdown of cartilage tissue that causes arthritis shown in a study.
- Myrrh essential oil possesses some amazing anti-inflammatory abilities within its arsenal of natural weapons to help with arthritis. A study showed Frankincense and Myrrh potent in suppressing inflammation and joint inflammation caused by arthritis.
- Yet another great addition is Turmeric that has been gaining popularity for its anti-inflammatory properties. A study has shown that a central component of Turmeric, curcumin, was extremely effective in reducing inflammation to help combat rheumatoid arthritis.
Essential Oil Recipe for Arthritis
Inflamed No More!
Arthritis pain and inflammation can be a very big deal for anyone having to deal with it! With this blend you can finally feel relieved from arthritis and be able to be you again!
What You Need:
5 drops Frankincense Essential Oil
3 drops Myrrh Essential Oil
3 drops Turmeric Essential Oil
Small Glass Bowl
10ml Roll-on Bottle
What to Do:
- In a small glass bowl, add essential oils. You can add carrier oil if the scent is too strong.
- Remove the ball insert of the roll-on bottle and add essential oils and carrier oil into the container.
- Replace ball insert and cap and shake to blend. To use, roll over affected areas.